Ten Reasons to Impeach George Bush and Dick Cheney
1. Violating the United Nations Charter by launching an illegal "War of Aggression" against Iraq without cause, using fraud to sell the war to Congress and the public, and misusing government funds to begin bombing without Congressional authorization..
2. Violating U.S. and international law by authorizing the torture of thousands of captives, resulting in dozens of deaths, and keeping prisoners hidden from the International Committee of the Red Cross.
3. Violating the Constitution by arbitrarily detaining Americans, legal residents, and non-Americans, without due process, without charge, and without access to counsel.
4. Violating the Geneva Conventions by targeting civilians, journalists, hospitals, and ambulances, and using illegal weapons, including white phosphorous, depleted uranium, and a new type of napalm.
5. Violating U.S. law and the Constitution through widespread wiretapping of the phone calls and emails of Americans without a warrant.
6. Violating the Constitution by using "signing statements" to defy hundreds of laws passed by Congress.
7. Violating U.S. and state law by obstructing honest elections in 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2006.
8. Violating U.S. law by using paid propaganda and disinformation, selectively and misleadingly leaking classified information, and exposing the identity of a covert CIA operative working on sensitive WMD proliferation for political retribution.
9. Subverting the Constitution and abusing Presidential power by asserting a "Unitary Executive Theory" giving unlimited powers to the President, by obstructing efforts by Congress and the Courts to review and restrict Presidential actions, and by promoting and signing legislation negating the Bill of Rights and the Writ of Habeas Corpus.
10. Gross negligence in failing to assist New Orleans residents after Hurricane Katrina, in ignoring urgent warnings of an Al Qaeda attack prior to Sept. 11, 2001, and in increasing air pollution causing global warming
"Doc Farmer" Tells them why they support the impeachment of Bush/Cheney for ten BOGUS reasons:
1. Bush/Cheney did not use fraud to launch a war against the tyranny of Saddam Hussein. They used intell data that ALL nations had - and WMDs had been found there in Iraq, including a nuclear program. Furthermore, WMDs were not the ONLY reason for the war, as the motion in the Congress proves. By the bye, Congress AUTHORSED Bush's actions TWICE, and Bush acted well within the Constitutional and legal boundaries of his position as Commander in Chief of all United States Armed Forces. Look it up, unless you only want to be spoon-fed lies from the lib/dem/soc/ commies. Saddam violated 16 previous UN Resolutions, and 1441 provided for the use of force if Saddam broke number seventeen. Also, Bush did not act in a "unilateral" fashion. The Security Council voted UNANIMOUSLY to take action against Saddam. Further, the "Coalition Of The Willing" comprised over FIFTY nations providing support, with more than THIRTY providing boots on the ground. Want to impeach all of those leaders too?
2.Bush didn't "torture" anybody. Torture - REAL torture - isn't putting panties on somebody's head, or spraying water up their nose (look up how Muslims perform pre-salat ablutions), or making them stand in a cold or hot room. REAL torture is what Saddam did. REAL torture is what the Viet Cong did. REAL torture is what Hitler/Tojo did. There is a marked difference between interrogation techniques which use intimidation, and torture. You little wimpy (Nancy Boys)lib/dem/soc/ commies don't want to face the ugly fact that to get information that saves YOUR miserable hide, you have to use techniques that go beyond tea and crumpets. Also, the ICRC have NOT been denied access to battlefield prisoners (NOT prisoners of war, since they did not wear any uniform nor did they belong to any organised or recognised armed military group under any national flag), they've been to Club G'itmo several times.
3.What part of "we're at war" escapes your admittedly limited comprehension? We can very easily detain "non-Americans" when we pull them off a battlefield where they are SHOOTING AT AMERICANS. Non-Americans who are terrorists or even suspected terrorists don't get the protections of the US Constitution, and never were intended to. Due process? They DO get that in military courts under Genev� Conventions and UCMJ, but only IF they are legal combatants. In other words, actual military personnel captured during or after battle. Terrorists get NO such protection, and were never intended to. They're like spies. We (and any other signatory of the Conventions) can summarily execute them on the spot if we so wish.
4.We're targetting journalists? Gee, I thought it was the journalists who were commissioning video tapes from terrorists who were targetting US troops. There is NO evidence - NONE - that proves your thesis that US troops have specifically or deliberately targetted journalists. If that were the case, Horrendo Revolver would've been shot in the first week of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Also, we're not violating the Genev� Conventions. We're NOT targetting (deliberately shooting at) civilians. Now, sometimes civilians are killed in a war - by accident on our part, but by design on the enemy's part. You gonna hold the terrorists to the Genev� Conventions? Want to impeach Usama bin Laden or Muqtedar al Sadr? How about Saddam Hussein? No? I guess that you must think they're ALLOWED to specifically target civilians (because they do), or specifically target journalists (because they do). As for white phosphorous, uh, that's TRACER rounds, you ninnyhammer. And the bullshit about depleted uranium has NEVER been banned by the Genev� Conventions. Try READING the Genev� Conventions instead of buying some lib/dem/soc/ commie "interpretation" of the documents.
5.You don't need a warrant to wiretap a foreign-terminated communqu�. If one end or the other is outside the United States, it is NOT "domestic spying", it is international intelligence gathering, and such actions are normal and accepted during a time of war. I'd also remind you that during WWII, FDR's administration would regularly violate "privacy" (which does NOT exist under the Constitution) by opening, reading and censoring paper mail, as well as wiretapping ACTUAL domestic communcations. I don't hear you lib/dem/soc/ commies complaining about that, though...
6.Really? Presidential orders have been a mainstay of the Executive Branch for DECADES, and do NOT violate the law, the Constitution or the actions of Congress. Clinton used plenty of them, as did Carter, LBJ and Kennedy. So, also, did Bush41, Reagan, Ford and Nixon (and many before them). This has been upheld by SCOTUS.
7.Uh, you WON in 2006. How is that obstruction? Further, there is NO legitimate proof that Bush/Cheney or their agents violated the Laws or the Constitution of the United States. You're just pissed off that your side lost for so long. Now you're bitching when you WON?
8.Really? Where? When? How? Who has been indicted and or convicted for such actions? Please provide specifics - REAL specifics, not pie-in-the-sky analyses of non-events.
9.Boy, you're dumb. When it comes to the Executive Branch, the President IS the Unitary Executive. It's not a theory. It has been a fact of this nation since it's inception. Clinton used Unitary Executive power when he went into Bosnia WITHOUT UN OR CONGRESSIONAL approval or even consultation. I don't hear you complaining about that. Furthermore, for the Legislative branch to try to interfere with the Constitutional activities of the Executive branch, THEY are in violation of the law and the Constitution. Want to impeach/eject Pelosi or Murtha or Kennedy or Clinton?
10.FEMA was putting repair and recovery operations in place within 36 hours after the storm had passed. Granted, they could have acted more effectively and efficiently, but so too could have the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor of Louisiana. American Taxpayers have poured billions into that Socialist city on the Sea, and what have we gotten in return? Greater corruption, crime, racism and stupidity, coming not from the Federal Government or from Dubya, but from New Orleans, not to mention the ones who were exported to Houston and decided to increase the crime rates there.
"Doc" Takes 'Em to the Woodshed....'nuff said..."J.R."