The Talk Show American

THE TALK SHOW AMERICAN: Gitmo Detainee: "I do pose a threat to the United States...I am a Muslim jihadist"

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gitmo Detainee: "I do pose a threat to the United States...I am a Muslim jihadist"

Zahri, a Yemeni captured in Afghanistan in 2001:

"I do pose a threat to the United States and its allies," he said, according to a transcript of the 2006 hearing. "I admit to you it's my honor to be an enemy of the United States. I am a Muslim jihadist, and I'm defending my family and my honor."

Zahri said he heard the call to jihad outside a mosque in Yemen in early 2001, and he decided to go to Afghanistan as a trainee to eventually fight Russian forces in Chechnya, according to military documents. Within a week, he met bin Laden at an al-Qaida guesthouse, one of 10 meetings that military officials allege he had with terrorist leaders.

"The detainee stated he attended a meeting prior to 11 September 2001 in which an upcoming operation was discussed," according to military documents.

Zahri went to the front lines in Afghanistan to fight the U.S.-backed Northern Alliance, where he was wounded, captured and eventually sent to Guantanamo.

And Obama wants to close down GITMO and bring these morons here...NO THANKS !

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment